Don’t waste your money overpaying for a domain. Here’s how to get a KILLER domain that is smart for your business – for just $12 from domains.google.com
You’ll love our tips for launching since they have been proven to work for over 500 businesses we have launched online!
QUICK TIPS At a Glance
- 2-word domains are better than 3… in most cases (1 can confuse). Ex: WizardHardscaping vs WizardCoHardscaping – no need to add “Co” in there.
- Location helps – you get a slight SEO bump. Ex: A business named Spotless Cleaners in Houston, Texas should go with HoustonCleaners vs SpotlessCleaners to help Google know where they are located and have a better search result.
- 15 character limit is ideal so you can grab your /cooldomain extensions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN etc for brand consistency
- Avoid double letters. Ex: BillsSeafood or IdealLawncare
- Avoid the ‘hyphen’. You’ll tell everyone that “you need the dash” Ex: bills-seafood and miss emails that don’t include the “-“
- Easy to say – easy to spell (think Siri and Alexa) Ex: Prometheus Solutions or Realing Ideas LLC or Siegrist Home Group will all be misspelled.
- Avoid plural. You’ll always be saying “websites… with an s” or ‘Utah painters co’ — painters with an ’s’… so usually you want to skip the s on the end.
- Add an adjective! BEST TIP: Beat your competition on “Columbus Flooring” by simply adding “choose” / “go” / “call” / “pick” etc ahead of the main name/domain.
- Make it outlast your tenure. Ex: Justin’s Financial Services vs Strong Financial – nix the founders name from the domain.
- It doesn’t have to be your LLC – it can be your tagline (MarysCookieMixesLCC.com vs LoveEachBite or ChewWithASmile.com